Reporting to Wipak Oy Supply Chain Manager and as a member of Supply Chain Management (SCM) team and also belonging to Wipak Group Logistics category management network. The Logistics Manager position is responsible for the implementation and execution of outbound logistics process management and distribution planning of multiple shipping point locations mainly in Finland and Germany. The shipping points are either managed or operated by Wipak Oy logistics teams or in collaboration by the external partners. You will also work closely with Group Sourcing Logistics and follow the Group Sourcing Logistics Strategy.
- Manage and lead initiatives to improve operational efficiency, process standardization, asset utilization and meet customer expectations (cost, quality and delivery).
- Continuously improve supply chain efficiency and performance metrics
- Analyze and resolve transportation and operating performance issues
- Accountable for transport planning, prioritizing and managing outbound freight, distribution operations and review processes and cost control methodologies
- Act as a supervisor for the logistics organization in Nastola and Valkeakoski
- Manage the multiple shipping points operations, external partner collaboration and their reporting as part of Wipak Oy SCM
Your Profile and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field
- Several years of experience managing a factory logistics network with multiple distribution centers, and managing several modes of transportation and warehousing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing local logistics in global operations
- Expert in processing industry or manufacturing flows and experience in negotiations with carriers
- Strong understanding of ERP based applications and reporting & data management systems. We use SAP / BO
- A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
- Sharp organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to produce consistent quality under deadline pressure while paying careful attention to detail
- Self-motivation and a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Finnish and English – other languages are plus
If you feel that you are up to challenge, apply by forwarding your CV and references in English together with expected salary range to email@example.com by June 22, 2018 the latest. For more information, please contact Supply Chain Manager Jukka Lehtovuori 020 510 3287 or firstname.lastname@example.org