Salary Dependant on Experience
A 12-month opportunity has arisen at Wipak UK to cover the current Communications Officer, who will be taking maternity leave from August 2018. Reporting into the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining both internal and external UK communications, and aligning with the local management team and the Group’s Brand Management Team to ensure a consistent and effective approach.
• Generating and delivering consistent, regular and robust internal communications, which ensure Wipak UK staff are engaged in and aware of business developments, initiatives and productivity targets/KPIs
• Managing and maintaining internal communication channels, including notice boards, the canteen screen, local intranet site, internal newsletter, mobile app, etc.
• Facilitating two-way communication, through channels such as the Wipak UK suggestions scheme and the Operational Excellence Committee, etc.
• Working alongside the Brand Management Team to develop and deliver the Group’s external communications strategy
• Creating engaging communications for external audiences, such as press releases, brochure copy, web copy, e-newsletters, WePack magazine, award scheme entries, social media posts, etc.
• Identifying media opportunities to target new and existing audiences, and monitoring coverage to ensure the business’s excellent reputation is maintained
• Supporting the local team and the Wipak Group Marketing Manager with proofreading and copyediting as required
• Ensuring all internal and external communications are in-keeping with the Wipak brand
• Coordinating both internal and external events, such as the Long Service Awards, Town Hall meetings and Wipak UK’s attendance at key industry events
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a creative flair and experience of writing for a variety of different audiences
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate, with an attention to detail
• Self-motivated, with a positive and professional approach to management
• Possess the ability to keep information confidential
• Have a good understanding of media needs and media relationships
In addition to the main role, all employees are expected to be flexible with regards to other tasks that may be delegated from time to time. It is expected that employees will conform to any reasonable management request.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and knowledge required for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.