Syringe and Needle Packaging
Sterile medical syringes are widely used to administer injections, deliver intravenous drugs to the bloodstream, and measure out liquids. Our packaging materials allow you maximum safety and quality yet provide significant cost reductions due to uncoated direct-seal materials and optimal film solutions increasing the packaging process efficiency.
Wipak has developed high-performance packaging materials for conventionaldisposable and safety syringes, injection pens, needle-less injectors, insulin pumps, and specialty needles. In all medical applications, single-use needles and syringes effectively reduce the risk of cross- contamination.
Our material combinations offer you clean-peel opening, to avoid fibers. They are robust enough to withstand stresses caused by rigid and sharp edges and corners of the syringe and needle. The formed film corner thickness is optimized for the best cost–quality–safety combination. You get maximum safety and quality yet achieve significant cost reductions with uncoated top web materials.
Most disposable syringes and needles are sterilized by ethylene oxide gas. For this purpose, we can offer you solutions like
- FITFORM (PA/PE) – high performance film with excellent formability and transparency
- ML P (PP/PA/PE) – high performance film for syringesd with sharper edges
- ML PE (PP/PE) – sustainable polyolefin based standard film with good optical characteristics
Together with medical grade gas papers they provide you cost effective solution.
For prefilled syringes for steam sterilization solutions like
- PPAP (PP/PA/PP) - coextruded non-curling multilayer film
- PAP (PA/PP) – laminated with high puncture resistance
- PPP (PP/PP) – sustainable pure polypropylene multilayer film
Together with steam papers will do the trick. All these films come with several thicknesses, so you can have the best solution for all applications. Also other combinations may be available on request.